Spiderzrule

Your chance to discuss spiders

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jellytot

PostSubject: Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:05 am

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a picture of the spider but it was black and had a mainly red back, in the centre of it's back was a sort of creamy whitish cross and around the red patch there were small white dots (randomly sized) it wasn't very big, about 1-2 centimetres all round. It was found in my bathroom in the UK (England) and it would be nice to see what it actually was and work out if it was as poisonous as it looked.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?   Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:18 am

From the description it sounds like one of the widow species but they don't live in England. Once again, without a photo its pretty impossible to ID a spider!! glen
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spiderzrule.nicetopic.net
jellytot

PostSubject: Re: Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?   Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok thanks for the reply! I've never seen one like it in the UK before and to be honest it didn't look like it belonged here. I'll check out some sites on Widow Spiders and see if any photos match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?   

Back to top Go down

Can you help me find out what type of spider this is?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1